28 January 2011

28 January 2011 X-rays and Blood Good now Oncoology .....


Razzle’s blood markers have come back negative and the x-rays of his other three legs and chest are clear. We have an oncology consult today with Animal Surgical Clinic of Seattle. My sainted cousin Michael sent one of his carpenters out yesterday to build Razzle a ramp down the front steps as he is already unable to put weight on the front leg. Though we have an anti-inflammatory and Tramadol, I’m trying to not drug him into insensibility as I’m concerned my darling, but always clumsy boy, might just fall over onto or against the compromised leg. He seems more puzzled right now that his leg seems to have stopped working than in pain.

For the immediate interim, I’m going to try to see if we can get him a tranquilizer to keep him calm (he has always had a severe overreaction to the idea of dinner and a hint of his leash rattling for a trip outside sends him, literally, into a tailspin) and a mood elevator to make sure he doesn’t get confused and depressed.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and support. I have made no decisions and will make none until I talk with the oncologist today. Everyone seems very familiar with and supportive of the Ohio State Protocols. Thanks you everyone, the thoughts, prayers and white light that seem to have had an incredible effect so far – keep sending them our way, please!

No comments: